Thursday, March 25, 2010

Saturday afternoon

The club I belong to has an agreement with a local Wine Estate that we can drive on the farm using specified roads and still have fun in the Sand Pit, the Sand Mine, under the Peach trees etc.etc. etc......
Well last Saturday was no exception we met at the gate at a pre-arraigned time (usually 14:00, {2:00 pm for the non technical/military types}) and proceeded to the Sand Mine, after about an hour playing on the climbs and descents it was decided to go to the play area of the Sand Pit, BUT via a very devious route that few of us had been on before. I then tried my luck at the axle twister. NO GO, with the weight of the drawers, water tank, and other equipment I could not cross one of the obstacles, no problem just reverse out the way you came in, ha ha ha in trying to get around the very sharp corner I put one front wheel onto the twister, the back slid down and there I was two wheels in the air and two on the ground, unfortunately in a cross axle situation. The only way out was to be recovered by winching backwards. Boy am I glad that we have a group of people who are willing to help and teach. I learned a lot and will not get into a situation like this again. In the end we had a wonderful afternoon and finished off with a very South African thing 'Boerewors Rolls'. Basically a local 'farm sausage' in a hot dog roll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment